The adoption of DevOps methodology has increased and the need to release to production in shorter cycles is driving teams to accelerate the process and embed early test automation.
Teams operating in this release velocity need fast & reliable feedback for every code change to ensure app quality. Is this new process forcing teams to choose between automation frameworks?
XCUITest (iOS) are UI automation frameworks that fit very well with this new development process.
Many teams are trying to make a decision – which test automation framework to adopt?
The below comparison table highlights the key areas to consider when making this choice.
– Used more by developers / SDETs that has developer’s skills
– Fast and reliable– Run much faster and more reliable over time due to the architecture of the framework.
– Best used for pre-commit and CI fast feedback validations
– Used mainly by QA / Automation teams
– Full coverage with better validations
– Nightly executions
– Best used for full regression testing (Coverage)
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to which automation framework you should choose.
While there are teams that choose to select one framework, there are many teams that will combine the two.
It will be very interesting to see where the market will go in the
As of today, companies like Expedia, Tinder, FitBit, Slack already switched to XCUITest.
Don’t wait any longer and learn the most wanted iOS Test Automation framework — XCUITest today!
Starting October 12, 2019 join CodeFitness most comprehensive 4 Weeks iOS Test Automation Bootcamp in the industry! Click here to learn more about Bootcamp >>> https://codefitness.us/programs/ios-software-test-engineer/